SWITA - Southwest Iowa Transit Agency
Southwest Iowa Transit Agency (SWITA) is Southwest Iowa's PUBLIC transportation system! Transportation is available for ALL residents in Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, and Shelby Counties. Through SWITA, we offer safe, reliable transportation for your transit needs. Our service is affordable and safe. We perform complete background checks on all of our drivers, as well as random drug and alcohol screening.
A few highlights of SWITA's Transportation Services:
- SWITA operates vehicles 24/7, pending vehicle and driver availability. Live dispatch is available from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays. Please call 1-800-842-8065 for more information or to schedule your ride.
- WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE!
- CARSEATS available for our young clients!
- Transportation for a variety of needs including medical appointments, shopping, work, school, and more!
- Contract transportation is available for businesses to get their employees on the job safely and efficiently.
- City shopping trips.
- Taxi services in Glenwood, Harlan, Missouri Valley, Red Oak, and Shenandoah.
Information on Scheduling Your Ride
Call 1-800-842-8065 to schedule your ride or for more information on any of our services.
All SWITA services are open to the general public, including those with disabilities. Individuals with hearing impairments are encouraged to contact SWITA via Relay Iowa by dialing 711 or 1-800-735-2943.
*SWITA does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, religion, color, sex, or national origin. Services are open to the general public, including persons with disabilities, as required by the ADA. For more information on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 call the US Commission on Civil Rights at (202) 376-7700 or TTY (202) 376-8116. To request additional information on SWITA's non-discrimination obligations or to file a Title VI complaint, please submit your request or complaint in to the SWITA Executive Director, by mail: 1501 SW 7th St., Atlantic, IA, 50022; Email: John.McCurdy@swipco.org; or by phone: 1-800-842-8065.
To view SWIPCO/SWITA's complete Title VI Compliance Policy Statement, please click on the link below.
Reasonable Accommodation Complaint Form.[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [182.2 KB]
SWIPCO is committed to ensuring that information is available in appropriate alternative formats to meet the requirements of persons who have a disability. If you require an alternative version of files provided on this page, please contact Mark.Lander@SWIPCO.org
SWIPCO is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Southwest Iowa Planning Council, 1501 SW 7th St., Atlantic, Iowa, 50022
712-243-2518 or 1-866-279-4720; Fax 712-243-3458; firstname.lastname@example.org