ALL SERVICES ARE OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC, INCLUDING PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
SWITA Taxi is a convenient and affordable way to make your next trip. Just like any taxi, simply call to schedule a ride.
Taxi Service is available through SWITA in:
- Atlantic - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday - Saturday Sunday's 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Glenwood - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (off 12-1 for lunch) Monday - Friday
- Harlan - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Missouri Valley - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Red Oak - 7:30 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Shenandoah - 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday - Friday
Rates for taxi service in these cities 7/1/21-6/30/22 are:
- ***$2.00 per trip for elderly clients (age 60 years and above)
- $2.50 per trip for non-elderly clients
SWITA sells taxi tickets at the office in Atlantic for $2.50 per ticket *** $2.00 per ticket for the elderly. Atlantic Taxi Service accepts these tickets.
- Atlantic Taxi Service Hours are Monday-Saturday 7a.m.-10 p.m., and Sunday 7a.m.-5 p.m.
- 712-249-0566 OR 712-250-1200
- Wheel chair accessible taxi rides can be scheduled by calling the office 712-243-2518 Monday - Friday (call regular taxi phone numbers on weekends.)
For additional taxi service, please contact the sub provider in your area:
Clarinda: Clarinda Area Volunteers 712-542-7950
Fremont County: Faith in Action 712-313-0131
***Connections Area Agency on Aging form must be filled out to receive discounted elderly fare***
Where to purchase taxi tickets
Tickets for Atlantic may be picked up at our office at 1501 SW 7th St., Atlantic, IA 50022.
For other cities, the tickets will be mailed to you, but we will notify the driver immediately if you need to ride before the tickets arrive and your ride will be covered by your tickets.
LARGE PRINT FOR TAXI RATES
SWIPCO is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Southwest Iowa Planning Council, 1501 SW 7th St., Atlantic, Iowa, 50022
712-243-2518 or 1-800-842-8065; Fax 712-243-3458; firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals with hearing impairments are encouraged to contact SWITA via Relay Iowa by dialing 711 or 1-800-735-2943