ALL SERVICES ARE OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC, INCLUDING PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
SWITA Taxi is a convenient and affordable way to make your next trip. Just like any taxi, simply call to schedule a ride.
Taxi Service is available through SWITA in:
- Atlantic - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday - Saturday Sunday's 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Glenwood - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (off 12-1 for lunch) Monday - Friday
- Harlan - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Missouri Valley - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Red Oak - 7:30 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Shenandoah - 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday - Friday
Rates for taxi service in these cities 7/1/21-6/30/22 are:
- ***$2.00 per trip for elderly clients (age 60 years and above)
- $2.50 per trip for non-elderly clients
SWITA sells taxi tickets at the office in Atlantic for $2.50 per ticket *** $2.00 per ticket for the elderly. Atlantic Taxi Service accepts these tickets.
- Atlantic Taxi Service Hours are Monday-Saturday 7a.m.-10 p.m., and Sunday 7a.m.-5 p.m.
- 712-249-0566 OR 712-250-1200
- Wheel chair accessible taxi rides can be scheduled by calling the office 712-243-2518 Monday - Friday (call regular taxi phone numbers on weekends.)
For additional taxi service, please contact the sub provider in your area:
Clarinda: Clarinda Area Volunteers 712-542-4915
Fremont County: Faith in Action 712-313-0131
***Connections Area Agency on Aging form must be filled out to receive discounted elderly fare***
PURCHASE TAXI TICKETS HERE:
Tickets for Atlantic may be picked up at our office at 1501 SW 7th St., for other cities the tickets will be mailed to you--but we will notify the driver immediately if you need to ride before the tickets arrive and your ride will be covered by your tickets.<<
LARGE PRINT FOR TAXI RATES
SWIPCO is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Southwest Iowa Planning Council, 1501 SW 7th St., Atlantic, Iowa, 50022
712-243-2518 or 1-800-842-8065; Fax 712-243-3458; firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals with hearing impairments are encouraged to contact SWITA via Relay Iowa by dialing 711 or 1-800-735-2943