Welcome to Southwest Iowa Planning Council
Southwest Iowa Planning Council's (SWIPCO) goals are to promote regional cooperation and to serve the counties and cities within our region with community and economic development activities to improve the quality of life for all residents in Southwest Iowa. Some of our services include:
- Southwest Iowa Transit Agency (SWITA), which operates the public transit system in our eight county region.
- Southwest Iowa Housing Trust Fund (SWIHTF), which provides safe, affordable housing and expands housing opportunities in the region.
- RPA 13 provides technical assistance and transportation planning in a four county area.
- Multiple types of planning and technical assistance are available to our cities and counties including writing plans, grant applications, project management, codes and ordinances, etc.
- SWIPCO is also the designated economic development area for a six county region and provides funding assistance to new and existing businesses through our Business Revolving Loan Fund.
Explore the menus to see what SWIPCO can do for you and your local government.
Southwest Iowa Planning Council (SWIPCO) Board of Directors Meetings are open to all individuals regardless of disability. Any person with a disability requiring a reasonable accommodation to participate in a Board of Directors Meeting should contact the SWIPCO office at 712-243-4196 at least two business days prior to the Board of Directors meeting.
SWIPCO is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Southwest Iowa Planning Council, 1501 SW 7th St., Atlantic, Iowa, 50022
712-243-4196 or 1-866-279-4720; Fax 712-243-3458; email@example.com